Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 209 Faith Rewarded


For what does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness." Romans 4:3

Think of the Fathers of the Faith who have taught us to be filled with faith, trust and hope in the one true God.

Abraham had faith when God told him he would have a child even when it seemed impossible in his old age. Then he obeyed when God told him to offer his son Isaac on the altar of sacrifice.

His faith was accounted to him for righteousness and Isaac lived when a ram took his place on the altar. Because of his faith, Abraham became the Father of many nations.

Moses led the Israelites to the Promised Land. He believed God's promise even when he was being chased down by the Egyptian armies.

Then as the people grumbled in the desert Moses still believed. The Israelites made it to their Promised Land because Moses had faith.

These two men obeyed what God told them to do even though they could not see what was ahead of them.

God rewarded their faith.

Oh Lord. I want to believe with hope for things I have not yet seen. Help my unbelief that creeps in as fear and doubt and worry.

I want to keep my eyes on God and believe by faith that my prayers will be heard. I know in my heart they will be answered. So I hang on by faith until they are...even when.

I love you Lord.

God Bless your heart with faith.

Gigi

http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

The idea for this blog post came from the July 30 devotional entry in God Calling by AJ Russell and published by Barbour Publishing.

No comments: