Friday, April 30, 2010

Day 120 Springtime


You have put gladness in my heart, more than in the season that their grain and wine increased. Psalm 4:7

A glad heart comes not when I've got all my ducks in a row. Even if one duck wanders away, my heart can remain at peace. Not because of my circumstances but because of my God.

I have been in the middle of some trials but the joy in my heart remains. Because the sunshine in my life comes from knowing I am a beloved child of the most High God. With that knowledge I can face even the darkest moments.

Seattle is lush with new buds on trees, colorful rhododendrons in full bloom, and the blue sky that shines with the sun after the rain clouds move on.

Yes, it rains. But because of the rain I get to enjoy the view of the lush green trees beyond my deck as I listen to the birds sing their morning song.

I love spring because new hope blossoms. I can live with springtime in my heart because I live in the sunshine of God's love.

God Bless Your Heart,

Gigi

http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

The idea for this blog post came from the April 30 devotional in the God Calling book edited by AJ Russell.

No comments: