Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day 94 Divine Efficiency


That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perishes, though it might be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honor and glory. 1 Peter 1:7


Over the last (almost) fifty-two years of my life my faith has indeed been tested with fire. I think we can all agree that life is not easy.

But my God is faithful. He has never left my side. The miracles are being worked out with Divine efficiency and Divine power.

My maiden name is Devine. So I don't mean that things worked out because of that kind of Devine power, although I tried all too often on my own Devine power to do the right things and live a godly life.

It was not until I surrendered it all to the Divine power of Jesus, the only power that lasts without needing a recharge, that my life started to make sense and hope lit the horizon. God's battery never runs out. He is always at work to light my path.

Think about the transformation of the apostles from meager fisherman to God fearing, sold-out disciples of Christ.

Even Peter denied Christ. With a little faith he was being made into the man God intended him to be. Peter later founded the church.

Peter discovered his weakness and turned it all over to Jesus. As we come to understand the sin then we even more so understand the Savior.

It is in our story of walking the road toward Jesus that will help others understand the power of the Cross.

That very road for me has at times had some large pot holes and speed bumps making the journey more difficult. But on that broken road God met me at my deepest need. I surrendered my Devine will for His Divine power and my life suddenly had purpose and meaning.

The training can sometimes be brutal as we work out our salvation. But the eternal results and the life-changing story is all worth it.

Today I pray you will share your story here on my blog. Write a comment of how your faith has been tested. I'm sure we will find praise and honor and glory in your story.

God Bless Your Heart,

Gigi

http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

The idea for this blog post came from the April 4 entry in the God Calling devotional edited by A.J. Russell. I've found this book to be a helpful tool during my morning quiet time as I set before God and pray about my day.

This blog post was written on Easter Sunday. I am so thankful for the resurrection of Christ and his defeat of the sin that entangles us. I hope you have been touched by the hand of God as He reaches out and knocks on the door of your heart.

No comments: