Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 294 A Love Feast


Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live. Isaiah 55:3

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door I will come in to him, and will eat with him, and he with me. Revelation 3:20

Our hearts long to hear that knock of God. He initiates. We respond.

Put on your listening ear and you'll hear His voice. It's that simple. No merit of mine. Just an ear bent to hear the sound of His gentle knocking.

I'm in Las Vegas today.
  • A noisy city.
  • A busy city.
  • A city full of people God created and loves.
  • A city full of hurting souls who can't hear God's knock through the noise.
Oh how I pray as I walk down the Las Vegas strip. I look into faces that speak back to me of a wishing for something more. My heart aches.

The knock.

The open door.

The celebration and the feast.

Not a feast on food, money, sex, alcohol or whatever else found here in Vegas.

Oh but a glorious, tender feast of companionship with God where I am filled with Divine sustenance.

This is truly a love feast of dining with the King of Kings.

I pray today that you incline your ear, open the door and come join the party.

God bless your heart.

Gigi

http://www.gigimurfitt.com/


The theme of this blog post was taken from the October 21 devotion in God Calling by AJ Russell.

Today I pray for my niece Allyson and her fiancé Shawn who are getting married this weekend here in Las Vegas where they both live and work. It's so fun to see my Murfitt nieces and nephews and in-laws. There is nothing more fun than time with family.

I pictured Allyson playing with my nephew Chris in a play pen at my wedding reception. Man, I feel old watching this beautiful petite redhead become a bride.
Savor every moment. They slip by way too fast.

No comments: