Sunday, May 17, 2009

Grace for the Journey

It was so nice to have Grandpa Zane, Aunt Nina, the Ryans and the Goodhearts join us to celebrate Zane's graduation.


Proud Mom and Dad with WSU graduate Zane

My life has been extremely busy and blessed this month. Last weekend I watched my oldest son Zane receive his diploma from Washington State University. He graduated with a degree in Communications - Public Relations. I'm very proud of him. He will start a new job in Post Falls, Idaho in June.

We celebrated with friends and family this weekend with a barbecue at our house. We were blessed with incredibly beautiful weather. Our house was full of love and laughter. I love it!

Now that he's finished with college, the next thing on Zane's agenda is a wedding. He is going to marry his sweetheart - Kelsey Ryan. She is a wonderful woman of God. Together I know they will change the world. The wedding is only three and a half weeks away. The time has flown by since their engagement and now we are down to the final details of planning. I need grace for the journey! I am most excited about all of the family who will be here for the special occasion.

Before the wedding, I'll be finishing up the manuscript for my Caregivers Devotions to Go devotional book. It's due to my publisher on June 1st. I'm grateful for the editing help I've been receiving from my friends and family. I'm even more grateful for the uplifting stories I have to tell because of my amazing family.

I had positive news on the publishing front this week. I sold an article to VISTA magazine. I also received a positive reply to a query I submitted to Today's Christian Woman magazine. I'm finalizing another book proposal to send to an agent who requested my materials. I'm so grateful.

In the midst of all of this news I have a health concern which is requiring a biopsy on Thursday. I sense everything will be okay. I've been down this road before. However, two of my sisters were diagnosed with breast cancer in the last year so the road I'm traveling again has a few signs on it that weren't there before.

Once again, I am asking the Lord for grace for the journey. I trust He'll walk me down that road because he has always been faithful to me.

God's blessing on your day. I pray God's grace for your journey too - wherever it may take you.



1 comment:

Gigi Murfitt said...

I'm updating my post to say I am thankful that my breast biopsy came back negative. Thank You Jesus! This is the second time I've had to have a lumpectomy. Both times the results were NOT cancer. I'm so grateful. Be sure to have an annual mammogram and do those self checks!