Monday, June 21, 2010

Day 172 See as I See


Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matthew 11:29-30

So many people in my life are in transition. It can be a stressful time if we let it.

My great-nephew Kohl finished pre-school and is preparing for kindergarten.

My great-niece Jade completed elementary school and is looking forward to junior high.

My niece Laura's years in middle school are over and she'll move on to a new high school.

My nephew Joe graduated high school and is heading to college in the fall.

My niece Brooke graduated from the U of Montana and is now a member of the working class.

My niece Trisha will add another family member when she is induced tomorrow. We'll welcome a new baby boy to the family.

As we move from one season of our life to another we can take on burdens that are not meant to be ours.

In this season of busyness and transition it's easy to miss what God wants us to see.



How about giving the burden of transition to the Lord. He'll make it light and give us rest for our souls.

God Bless your heart with rest.

Gigi

http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

The idea for this blog post came from the June 21 entry in God Calling by AJ Russell.

No comments: