Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day 175 When Guidance Tarries


You will guide me with Your counsel, And afterward receive me to glory. Psalm 73:24


Today's devotional was a God S-T-O-P for me. I needed to be reminded that God does guide us with counsel.

I've been praying with my friends who have been asking God what to do regarding employment since they were laid off several months ago. It is a rather bizarre situation because they don't have their permanent green card to work in the USA.

They are limited to the types of jobs they can apply for. They've been here ten years and contributed much to this country. They don't want to go back.

They are seeking wisdom and guidance from the Lord for the next step.

The clock is ticking on how long they can stay. Money is running out. The way does not seem clear. Confusion about what to do can make one wonder if God is really listening.



He is listening. He has heard.

Sometimes we simply need to go forward one step at a time. No fear. No panic.

He gives us just enough light for the step we are on.

An attitude of faith will receive a reward just as surely as the obedience to follow a clear step guided by the Lord. Trust goes a long way with the Lord.

Sometimes in what seems to be silence, God is simply asking us this question.

"Do you REALLY trust me?"

He wants you to know He loves you and will never leave you or forsake you.

God bless your heart with peace as you wait for His guidance.

Gigi

The idea for this blog post came from the June 24 entry in God Calling by AJ Russell.

Beth Moore refers to a God S-T-O-P as a time when we Savor The Observable Presence of God. The letters in S-T-O-P help me remember that God is with me always and he'll show me every day when I stop and observe His presence. He is present in the small things and in the big things too. If you've never listened to Beth's teaching I HIGHLY recommend it. http://www.lproof.org/ is where you can order some of her weekly teaching CD's or you can purchase her books and Bible studies at any bookstore.

No comments: