Friday, June 25, 2010

Day 176 God’s Friendship


For who has despised the day of small things? Zechariah 4:10

Even in the small stuff God is big. He turns the gray hues of ordinary boring days into bright and beautiful moments – if we see Him in all things.

Like the huge moon in the sky sprinkled with wispy clouds last night.


Combined with the smell of fresh summer air my day was transformed as I slogged home from a very long day at work.

There is rest for my weary, worried, fretful life when I remember I have a relationship with God. The same God who created the Universe.

Scripture tells me He calls me a friend. He's a friend who is available at all times.

I stand in awe and worship my King who has time to be with me when I ask Him to come into the little things of every day life.

God Bless your heart with friendship with God. It is yours for the asking.

Gigi

http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

The idea for this blog post came from the June 25 entry in the devotional titled God Calling. I've enjoyed the past 176 days as I watch how God takes the words of this devotional and shows me where it applies to my life. Another reminder that God's Word is alive and active.

No comments: