Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day 188 Painful Preparation


Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ's sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy. 1 Peter 4:12-13

Sometimes it is difficult to understand the things that happen in our lives.

Why are there hurting people?

Why are babies born with disabilities?

Why is there sickness and disease?

Why didn't you get that job?

Why were you chosen in the lay off?

The "Whys" can drive one crazy.

When our son Gabe was born with multiple congenital birth defects the "why" questions swirled through my mind like a tornado.

I learned from a letter I received from my friend Dianne Bratz that it really is best to trust and give my "why" questions to the one who replies "Be still and know that I am God."

I realized early on that God gives me the grace to handle everything that comes my way. I may not understand why it is so but I receive the mercy and grace from God to handle it. He gets me through every trial.

I can't do it on my own.

I think back through the past twenty years of raising our Gabriel. I know that everything that has happened in my life has been used by God as preparation for the work He has laid before me.

Our nonprofit ministry – Gabriel's Foundation of HOPE - to families dealing with disability would not have been created if not for our personal experience with disability. I learned from my mom's disability that resulted from a high school accident. I learned from my brother Bob who was born 70% deaf. I've grown up with a compassionate heart for those who suffer. My own suffering is helping others through my ministry and my writing.

http://www.gabeshope.org/

I pray today that you will let God use the fiery trial you face as preparation for the work He has in store for you to serve others through your story.

I pray today that we will bring Glory to Christ as we choose to seek Him for the grace to carry on. He'll give you the power to overcome the trials as you trust and obey.

God Bless your heart with a vision of how God will use you to help someone who may benefit from your life story.

Gigi

http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

The theme for this blog came from the July 7 entry in the God Calling book by AJ Russell.

No comments: