Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day 194 Songs on the Way


You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. Psalm 32:7

Protect me from trouble Lord. Give me a new song in my heart. Help me hear your directions for my life.



This devotion brought several people to mind today
  • My son Gabe: At times his life is lonely. Much like the lives of the disciples when they were alone in the dark and friendless. Even in their struggle, their singing never stopped.
  • My friend Marty: For this talented songwriter I'm asking the Lord to send new songs his way. The world needs to hear more of his music.
  • My friends Karen and Murray: I'm asking for a new song in their heart while they transition and wait for the right job to come their way. Bring them a job soon, Lord.
  • My niece Melissa as the doctors try to understand her recent health issues. I pray for her to find her safe hiding place in Jesus.
I'm praying for you too. I'm asking for a touch from the Lord today. He can be our hiding place in times of trouble.

What song do you need in your heart today? Ask the Lord and He will give you a song of deliverance.

God Bless your heart with song.

Gigi
http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

The idea for this blog post came from the July 15 entry in God Calling by AJ Russell

No comments: