Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day 195 Refuge


For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock. Psalm 27:5

There have been seasons of my life where I have spent more time in the Lord's secret place – simply enjoying the fact that I know God loves me and I can trust Him. It is my refuge.

I had lunch with my precious friend Cheryl today. She encourages me to laugh and let the joy in my heart flow when sometimes life circumstances tamp it down. It is good to have a friend like that to share the secrets in your heart.



I trust she will take my concerns in prayer to the throne room of God's heart. Our friendship is a safe place of refuge.

We also had dinner with our good friends Marty and Jeanne. We have journeyed together through the process of transitions in life and we can laugh and cry over the challenges that come with transition.

There is safety in having good friends I can trust.

But I know my safest place is in the strong tower of God where I am guarded. There is nothing that will prevail against His strength.

God bless you with a safe dwelling in the Lord's high tower.

Gigi

http://www.gigimurfitt.com/


The idea for this blog post came from the July 16 entry in the God Calling book by AJ Russell.

No comments: