Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 193 True Success


Every place that the sole of your foot will tread upon I have given you, as I said to Moses. Joshua 1:3

I want to be sure that every place I set my foot is where God wants me to be. I spend time with Him praying, studying the Bible and listening so I know where next to set my foot.

I've already taken detours from the path of God's will and stepped out of line. Let me tell you it is NOT fun.



This week I'm writing the section of my book about the stormy season of my journey. I'm retelling the story of my college life through my late twenties.

As I write the story my heart swells. I remember how God was there with me through the roller coaster ride of life. He wasn't sitting up in heaven pointing a judgmental finger at me. He was with me encouraging me to get off of the wild ride because He had a better plan. But the noise of the world prevented me from hearing His voice. He picked me up when I fell.

I have some scars from a few harsh detours. But now these scars are reminders of how gracious God is and how He never left me. He redeemed these years and set my foot on the path again.

Oh Lord, Thank you that you have kept me and protected me.

When my life is surrendered to the One who loves me more than I will ever know, I find true success.

My prayer for you today is that God shows you the steps to take toward the success He has planned for you.

God Bless your heart with true success.

Gigi

http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

The idea for this blog came from the July 14 entry in the devotional book God Calling by AJ Russell published by Barbour Publishing.

No comments: