Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Day 256 Quiet Strength


The LORD replied, "My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest." Exodus 33:14

Are you stressed out? Worried sick? Worn out? Just plain tired?

I feel that way during seasons of change. It takes me awhile to adjust.

But then I remember to rest in assurance that God will give me rest when the world wants to hand me turmoil.

With rest comes peace.

With peace comes joy.

My worry for the future is given over to the peace giver.

Then His power flows through me and the peace flows like a river.

The Bible tells me in Isaiah 30:15 that "In quietness and in confidence shall be your strength."

Quiet confidence works for me.

How about you?

Today I'm praying that your weary soul will find rest. In Him.

God Bless Your Heart,

Gigi
http://www.gigimurfitt.com/


I am thankful for the way this book has guided my daily quiet time. It seems to be just right for the season. The idea for this blog post came from my devotional journal titled God Calling by AJ Russell published by Barbour Publishing.

No comments: