Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Day 262 See the Father


Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us." Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? John 14:8-9

Do you see the Father when you look at Jesus?

Our Father is the creator of the universe.

Sometimes we see the loving, caring Jesus but we have a difficult time seeing the Father God who reaches down to touch us through Jesus.

Is it perhaps because our own earthly father did not treat us with unconditional love?

Is it because we felt abandoned by our dad and we believe God will abandon us too?

Is it because we never knew our biological father?

Remember Jesus and the Father are ONE.

Jesus only did what the Father told him to do.

All the unconditional love we see in the caring and nurturing Jesus who went to the cross on our behalf is the Father love of God too.

I pray you will see the Father.

SEE is a theme for me this week. Yesterday in my Bible study we talked about how God sees us for who we really are and loves us. He sees our tears and even stores them for us. He sees our potential.

He sees YOU.

I do too. I see you reaching out and grabbing his hand.

God bless your heart.

Gigi

The idea for this blog post came from the September 21st devotional in God Calling by AJ Russell.

No comments: