Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Day 269 The Secret Path


Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Matthew 5:17-18


Jesus came to fulfill the Law and the Prophets. He accepted the difficulty and discipline of life in order to share with the lives of His followers.

Today's devotional touched my heart. I know we all have experienced suffering or difficulty in one way or another. But when we walk through it with Jesus we find comfort because He knows what it is like to suffer.

Jesus shared in our human suffering.

The two women who asked AJ Russell to publish their journals as the God Calling devotional book often write just what I need to hear. I quote what God spoke to them in today's journal entry:


"Beloved, you are called to save and share in a very special way. The way of sorrows if walked with Me, the Man of Sorrows, is a path kept sacred and secret for My nearest and dearest, those whose one desire is to do all for Me, to sacrifice all for Me, to count, as My servant Paul did, "All things but loss so that they night gain Me."

In my walk with God through the challenges of life on this secret path, I have found His unconditional love.

I feel accepted by my beloved Christ.

I have experienced forgiveness beyond understanding.

He has been my strength.

I hope He is your strength too.

God bless your heart with strength as you walk this secret path.

Gigi
http://www.gigimurfitt.com/


The idea for this blog post came from the September 28 devotion in God Calling by AJ Russell.

No comments: