Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day 64 Fear is Evil


For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7
Fear is an evil ally. What are you afraid of today?
  • Fear of man
  • Fear of poverty
  • Fear of loneliness
  • Fear of unemployment
  • Fear of sickness
  • Fear of punishment
  • Fear of blame
None of it is from God. God's perfect love casts out all fear.

Fear is the enemy's tool to make us lose trust.

If I let fear grip me it shakes the very foundation of my hope. Where there is faith and hope and love there is no fear.

I've watched fear destroy relationships with jealousy.

I've watched people stay stuck in a place they don't want to be because they let fear rule their lives.

I've watched fear destroy a sound mind.

I've seen people give up on their dreams because of fear.

It doesn't have to be like this!

Spend some time with God and ask Him how to deal with your fear. He will show you how to fight it with everything you've got.

Fear not. For God is with you.

God Bless Your Heart. I pray you have a great weekend.

Gigi

http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

This idea came from the March 5 devotional in God Calling by A.J. Russell.

I had another God Stop today.  I'm working on my next book titled "Hope in Hard Times" - It contains stories to help you strengthen your foundation of hope so you will be able to stand firm when difficult circumstances come. 

I cover all of the items listed in the bullet points of fear.  That list came from the devotional today but it is also listed in my chapter synopsis.  Gotta love it!  Thanks God.  I like it when I get a confirmation about where I'm going with my writing.

No comments: