Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 76 No Greater Joy


There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. For he who has entered His rest has Himself also ceased from his own works, as God did from his. Hebrews 4:9-10


There is a calm rest filled with peace when the Lord has been with me in communion.

There is no greater joy than to talk with God and to fellowship together.

I am the Lord's. My real authentic life began when my soul found rest in God alone.

For so many years I lived life striving and straining toward unachievable goals laid before me by the law of the church.

I really started living in July 1992 when I finally stopped the crazy notion of doing it all on my own. I was trying so hard to be a good person that I lost sight of the only One who makes me good.

An amazing rest came over my weary soul when I finally laid it all at the foot of the cross and surrendered to the helper and the healer…Jesus.

This was the beginning of my Life Eternal – my spiritual birthday.

Oh I was raised in the church! But all the prayers I dutifully prayed, all the Masses I attended, all the penance I fulfilled did not bring rest to my heart. There was striving to try to prove I was good.

My life was full of success and activity that made me look like I had my act together. Hidden behind the mask of success was a very insecure person.

Under all that the world said was successful – a degree, a CPA certificate, a great job that paid well, a handsome husband, two beautiful children - was an immature, childish, selfish and very empty young woman seeking approval.

I finally died to my own ways and surrendered it all to the only one who could make it right.

Now I'm showered in the love of Christ and it has washed me clean and made me free. He has bound up my broken heart and set this captive free.

I trust God for everything and there is NO greater joy!

My friend – as you read my words I pray that you know the power of surrender to the One True God.
He is really the only answer.

Trust me I've tried everything else and it just doesn't work. I know what does. Jesus. And a life devoted to sit before Him and hear His voice as He shows me how to live my life fully for His glory.

Take some time today to sit before Him and ask that He be the guide over everything in your life. He's got the map. He knows where the road leads. After all, He created it.

God bless your heart with great joy,

Gigi


http://www.gigimurfitt.com/


The devotional book titled "God Calling" by A.J. Russell is a great tool to begin your day of spending time with the Lord.

I am in the process of reading the book "For Sinners Only" which was also written by A.J. Russell as it explains the Oxford Groups that started in the 1930's.

This book so resonates in my heart because it recommends sitting before the Lord with a journal to record what God is speaking to you.

Thank You God – I love that you bless me with knowing how effective keeping a journal has been for others. This season of the Oxford Groups spawned a revival in England and beyond.

Oh Lord – do it in America. We desperately need it!

No comments: