Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 59 Perfect Work


And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed. Mark 1:35


I have to laugh at the timing of this devotional message. This weekend we were away with family and I didn't make enough time in my schedule to sit quietly before the Lord in mediation and prayer.

It was a busy time and I sensed something missing throughout the days.

I've grown so accustomed to those quiet moments with my Jesus that I thirst for them when I choose to move into the business of my day too soon. It's almost like an ache in my heart.

Spending time alone with God rejuvenates my soul and energizes my spirit. This is when God does His perfect work in me. I receive strength and joy in my alone time. It is a deep cleansing breath type of peace that enters my days.

In quietness and prayer I gain wisdom and revelation about the plan God has for me. I have a sharper picture of my life priorities.

Have you ever tried to cut paper or fabric with a dull scissors? It's really hard and the edges are jagged.

When I make time to pray I'm sharpening the tools God has given me and the work He gives me is much easier. I have a sharper picture of my life priorities.

As a writer I love a good pen that flows easily and doesn't leave blobs of ink on my journal page. A good working pen makes my thoughts flow freely on to the paper. It is an important instrument in my toolbox.

A solid prayer life is a tool that makes my days flow smoothly because in that time I give my cares to the Lord so I can walk out my day with joy and peace.

I hope you find a solitary place to pray today.

God Bless Your Heart,

Gigi Murfitt

http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

The idea for this blog post came from the February 28th devotional in the God Calling book edited by AJ Russell.

I hope to catch up with typing out my blogs from the mornings spent in the devotional over the weekend. I did have the time each day to meditate on each devotional from this book but I didn't spend as much time in prayer. I don't want to make this a "works" issue where I put unnecessary pressure on myself if I miss a day. That's not God's heart. So if I get my thoughts typed up for my blog, then great. If not, no sweat. Grace. Grace. Grace.

No comments: