Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 60 Shower Love


The righteous cry and the Lord hears. Psalm 34:17

God hears my cry. But sometimes I don't wait to hear Him speak. What God has to say about my situation matters much and He speaks to me through His Word.

The Bible has much to say about everything going on in my life. From Genesis to Revelation its message speaks. God's Words bring life. They have a healing power that strengthens my soul.

Don't let the enemy try to convince you that the Bible is a meaningless old story book that has nothing to do with your life in 2010.

Oh Contraire!

It is full of life giving Words penned by man but inspired by the very heart of God. The same God who carved the oceans and painted the mountains green and spoke light into existence breathed life onto the pages of the Bible.

The Word of God – the Bible – showers His love all throughout the pages. These words are life. They bring healing. They are love.

I will never forget when I discovered a Scripture from Psalm 139 that spoke to my wondering heart in the days after my son Gabe was born with short arms and crooked legs. There was so much doubt and uncertainty and fear about our future gripping my soul.

My friend Dianne Bratz wrote Gabe a letter to remind him what God had to say about his life. In the letter Dianne quoted Psalm 139:13-16.

When I looked up this Psalm it spoke to me that God knit Gabe together in my womb and made him fearful and wonderful. God reminded me that Gabe's frame was not hidden from Him and that all of the days fashioned for him were written in God's book even before one of them came to be.

God's Word showered healing to my broken heart with love for me and for my family.

Truly, my life has never been the same since I've been reading the Bible on a daily basis.

Every day my time in God's Word fills my cup to overflowing and gives me the strength to face the day.

I hope you will take the time to tell me about your favorite Bible verse or your Bible reading time and how it changed your life. Please leave a comment on my blog or on Facebook.  I'd love to hear from you.

God Bless Your Heart,

Gigi

The theme for this blog post came from the March 1 entry in God Calling by A.J. Russell

P.S. If you do not have a Bible of your own please let me know and I'll send you one. Leave me a comment on this blog and let me know if you would like a Bible.

No comments: