Friday, March 26, 2010

Day 85 Follow Your Guide


I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go: I will guide you with my eye. Psalm 32:8


The message today is TRUST and WAIT. Boy oh boy that is hard to do sometimes. Usually I think through an issue and concoct my own solution when I should be waiting and listening or asking for advice. I move too quickly and disaster strikes. Sound familiar?

Waiting is hard in our instant microwave world isn't it? We want things to happen now and we don't want to wait on God.

But God reminds us over and again in Scripture to wait on Him. He will lead us in the right direction.

God does have clear directions for us if we'll trust and wait.

It might come in the form of a confirmation from a trusted friend. It could be that "ah ha" moment that makes your heart leap because you hear something in a sermon or on the radio or television that resonates with what you are going through. Often times I'll be reading a book and I receive guidance in that moment for something I've been praying about.

In the school of hard knocks I've learned it is so much better to trust God as my guide. When I choose my own way I usually get lost.

Several years ago I wrote this article about learning to trust God as your guide. I will share the article with you in a separate blog. It will be a reminder that God makes a great GPS.

Today I pray that you will trust God and wait for His direction. He is a trustworthy guide.

God Bless Your Heart,

Gigi
http://www.gigimurfitt.com/



The idea for this blog post came from the God Calling Devotional edited by A.J. Russell

No comments: