Sunday, March 21, 2010

Day 78 Courage


Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the Lord our God. Psalm 20:7
I've fallen off a few horses in my life. It took courage to get back up on the saddle and keep going.

But I've never fallen out of God's sight. He remembers me and gives me courage to face each day.

All throughout my life I have trusted in one thing or another.

As children we trusted our parents to love and care for us. Unfortunately for all too many little ones, their parents fail them.

How about you?

Perhaps you trusted a best friend who let you down. Maybe a boyfriend or girlfriend, a husband or wife betrayed you.

After each incident your trust gauge moved closer to the empty mark. For most this was the time you began to trust no one but yourself.

But God truly is trustworthy.

When I lost my dad to cancer as a young girl my trust in God as Abba Father never waned. He has not let me down. He brought so many people into my life to care for me like a father does.

He is God. He knows the beginning from the end. He knows the way that I take.

So take courage. Trust God. Fear not. He is a God of Power and Love.

He is human in the person of Jesus. Yet He is Oh so DIVINE!

I pray that you will learn to trust Him more each day.

God Bless Your Heart,

Gigi

http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

The idea for this blog came from the March 19 devotional from God Calling by A.J. Russell.

No comments: