Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day 63 Key to Holiness


If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. Luke 9:23

This is truly the key to holiness and happiness. Lose the selfish attitude. Follow Jesus.

What more can I say, really?

In our world today the focus is inward. "What have you done for me lately?" This seems to be the question rolling around in our selfish heads.

Every day I have to remind myself of the cross. Jesus was not selfish. He chose to give of His life so that I might live in eternity.

How soon we forget when we get all wrapped up in the "what's in it for me" way of thinking.

I pray today that we will each examine our heart and root out any selfish thought.

Draw near to God. He'll help you get rid of that selfish attitude. He'll help you always see the good in people.

My challenge to you is to speak life into somebody's day. Take your eyes off your current situation and focus on someone who needs encouragement today.

Deny what you need and give it to someone else. Make it a happy day.

God Bless Your Heart,

Gigi

http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

The idea for this blog post came from the March 4th devotional in God Calling by A.J. Russell. Great book. I highly recommend you use it in your quiet time. Each devotional covers several different ideas that can speak to whatever you are going through.

P.S. One way I try to take the focus off myself is to write encouraging cards or letters to others. During Lent I've been sending out a card or letter each day to someone God brings to my mind. I've enjoyed the sweet reminders to care about other's needs and it brings me such joy. I call them my Lenten Love Letters. I hope you send one to a person in your life today. Assuredly it will bring you joy…and bring a smile to their face too.

No comments: