Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day 90 Love’s Offering


The Lord sees not as a man sees; for man looks on the outward appearance but the Lord looks on the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7

I think it's time we all put the mask away because God sees right through to our heart.

When I think about how God judges the heart and not the outward appearance it makes me think of my son Gabe.

I shared Gabe's story at Ladies Bible Study this week. I'm proud of how he lives in his unusually formed body. It's really hard sometimes.

Gabe has said that as difficult as it is to live with his physical disability, the more difficult thing to deal with is a heart issue - loneliness.

I pray most of all for good, Godly friends who will reach out and make time to hang out and do life with Gabe.

God knows the desires of Gabe's heart. I've encouraged him to persevere. This is love's offering back to God as we trust in His plan and persevere until the end.

Gabe is making steady progress one step at a time. God sees the progress. He knows Gabe's heart.

I encourage you to persevere with love and laughter too as a love offering to God.

God Bless Your Heart

Gigi

The idea for this blog post came from the March 31 devotional entry in God Calling edited by A.J. Russell.

No comments: