Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day 83 Know Me


But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 3:18


The more I hang around my friends, the more I get to know them. It's the same with God.

How do I know Him more?
  • Spend quiet time with Him listening for direction
  • Read the Bible
  • Pray
  • Fellowship with other believers
  • The Holy Spirit's guidance
  • Hearing the Word Preached
  • The love of friends
Faith is based on the knowledge of Jesus Christ. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God (Romans 10:17)

The very foundation of our faith is the intimate knowledge of God. The more we know Him the more we love Him.

He created us for relationship. Why do so many totally ignore that vital relationship with God and then wonder why their other relationships are not working?

As I work on my new book "Hope in Hard Times" I am continually in awe of the way God has moved in my life. Through the joy filled times and the very difficult days, He has never left my side. Oh where would I be without Him? I dare not even go there in my mind.

My prayer for you today is that you will truly know the One True God! I can testify my life is full of grace because of Jesus.


God Bless Your Heart,

Gigi
http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

The idea for this blog post came from the March 24 devotional entry in God Calling by A.J. Russell.

No comments: