Thursday, April 1, 2010

Day 91 Shut Out From God


Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also, and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. John 14:12

For a moment's horror, Jesus bore the sins of mankind, carrying the overwhelming weight of my sin and yours.

As a man filled with sin,  Jesus was shut out from the Father because sin separates us from the love of God.

Let the suffering in your life be used to draw you to the truth that Jesus knew suffering. He took it to the cross. He died bearing the weight of my sin. He who knew no sin became sin for all. It was the darkest day of His life.

But this I know – Sunday is coming! On that day Jesus overcame sin for us all.

On this Holy Thursday, in your garden of Gethsemane, remember the suffering of the Savior, Jesus Christ.

He suffered so you don't have to be shut out from God. Now Jesus stands in the gap between us and God and provides a way for us to cross the great divide to eternity.

Believe in Him. The works that He did you will be able to do by the power of the Holy Spirit. Then you will truly be able to do all things through Christ's strength.

God Bless Your Heart,

Gigi

http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

The idea for this blog post came from the April 1 entry in God Calling by A.J. Russell.

PS – I can't believe we are a quarter of the way through this year. Today, April 1st is the birthday of my favorite spiritual dad – Bill Brubaker. Happy Birthday Bill!

No comments: