Saturday, April 10, 2010

Day 100 Pride Bars the Way


And whatsoever we ask, we receive of Him, because we keep his commandments and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. 1 John 3:22
I want to unlock the door of God's kingdom by love and obedience. As I obey I fall more and more in love with Jesus.

But obedience is sometimes difficult because of selfish pride. I wrote about pride the other day. It gets in the way of a lot of things in life. It stands at the door and blocks God's entrance.

God makes His home in the humble heart. Step by step I will humble myself and obey. Christ will help me along the way. He'll help you too.

God Bless Your Heart,

Gigi

http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

The idea for this blog post came from the April 10 devotional in the God Calling book edited by AJ Russell.

Today was a busy day. It marks the 100th day of this blog. Can you believe it? Writing every day for 100 days is good practice to make my writing better. I need it as I edit my Hope in Hard Times book.

It was a fun day. Gabe spoke at the Lion's Club conference in Renton. Then we went to our good friend Carl Berner's 75th birthday party. Good friends, good food and good weather. What more can you ask for? A nap will top it off. J

I love my life!

No comments: