Saturday, April 3, 2010

Day 93 Greatness is Service


Rejoice in the Lord always; and again I say Rejoice. Philippians 4:4


The finest quality of greatness is service. Jesus rejoices in the service of His Church!

Jesus walked the earth as a servant. He blessed. He healed. He discipled His followers. He interceded. He even washed the disciple's feet.

I continue to ask God for clear direction regarding where to serve. I don't want to over commit myself so I need to take the time and pray through the areas I sense His leading.

I believe that my writing is an area where I serve God.

I serve not only in what I write but also in encouraging other writers through Northwest Christian Writer's Association. We meet monthly to help one another in our writing endeavors.

We are planning a conference in May which will help writers of all genre and levels of experience advance their writing goals. If you have a desire to write check out our organization. http://www.nwchristianwriters.org/

I also feel called to serve women young and old as they work through struggles related to their past choices and their identity in Christ. I'm excited for the books God has placed on my heart to help those I serve.

I keep asking Him as I head to the keyboard and write. Will this story or blog help those around me come to know You better, God? Is my story even worth telling?

I only tell it with hopes that it will draw others to understand the love of Christ and the healing power in that love.

So I rejoice as I serve! God is good.

God Bless Your Heart,

Gigi

http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

The idea for this blog post came from the April 3 entry in the God Calling devotional book edited by AJ Russell.

No comments: