Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Day 97 Calvary


I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I but Christ that lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God. Galatians 2:20

I remember distinctly the day God spoke directly to my heart and said "Gigi, I died for you. I have heard your prayers and I'm knocking on the door of your heart. Die to the old ways of trying to do it all on your own. Let the Spirit come alive in your heart and let me direct your life."

His voice made my heart glad as he met me at my point of need. Then I said "yes".

Can you imagine what Mary felt like as she recounted the horrific events of Good Friday? She searched for the tomb where her teacher lay dead.

He spoke her name "Mary" and her heart was glad because she found her love Rabboni alive!

When God spoke my name so clearly in the summer of 1982 I looked in the face of the risen Lord with the eyes of my broken heart and I wept. I cried buckets of tears for all of the years lost to my own selfish and sinful ways.

He wiped away every tear. He healed my broken heart. He pointed to the cross and said "I did it for you, Gigi."

God had been searching for me and knocking on the door of my heart for so many years.

When I opened the door my life began anew. I left my past at Calvary.

Now I am free.

God Bless Your Heart,

Gigi

http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

The theme for this blog post came from the April 7 devotion in the "God Calling" book by AJ Russell. I love this book for how God is using it to speak to my needs every day. As I read the "For Sinners Only" book that spurred the writers of "God Calling" on I am amazed to watch the movement of God in the 1930's and to realize how my prayer for this kind of revival rings true today. Oh let it be so God!

No comments: