Saturday, April 17, 2010

Day 107 The Two Joys


If you hold to my teaching then you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. John 8:31-21

I ask the Lord to give me a heart eager to do His will. When it is difficult I call on God. He finds that request irresistible and sends me the help I need.

God has a perfect will for my life. It should be welcomed with wonder because God wants the best for me.

I continue on with joy each day as I watch in wonder for God to work in my life. Some things seem to be a coincidence but as I spend more time in prayer and study of the Word I know it is really God's will. I see His hand on my life every day.

When I first learned of God there was joy of wonder. Then I studied Him more and it turned to joy of knowledge. These are the two joys.

I combat discipline, disappointment and disillusion in God's strength and I persevere by obeying God's will. I accept His discipline and I have joy.

No matter what circumstance I might be enduring, no one can ever take the joy of the Lord from me. This is a truth that sets me free.

I love God's timing! I needed this today because we are walking through a challenge. But God gives me joy in knowing He will get us to the other side.

God Bless Your Heart,

Gigi

http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

The idea for this blog post came from the April 17 devotional in God Calling edited by AJ Russell.

PS. Looking for a Mother's Day gift?  Order the Caregivers' Devotions to Go book and a journal for a Mom in your life. I think it will bring them two joys as they care for those around them! Order both from my website.


No comments: