Friday, April 2, 2010

Day 92 The Priceless Blessing


Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him. John 14:21

The priceless blessing is that Jesus is here with us to help us obey as we live in this crazy world. He forgives us when we mess up. He lets us start new. He blesses me so much.

Jesus walked with the disciples every day. Now through the Holy Spirit He walks with you and me.We are changed by shedding the garment of our old life for a better one. Gradually as we walk closely to God we are transformed into His likeness.

I'm writing this blog on the way home from Portland where we spent the morning at the Portland Good Friday breakfast. This annual event raises awareness for many ministries in the Portland, OR area.

The main sponsor is a nonprofit organization titled Open Arms which serves orphans in Africa.

What an amazing show of support to hear Nick Vujicic speak about his life as he encouraged us that with Christ we can do all things. He is a dynamic speaker with a message of hope even though he was born with no arms and no legs. I love that guy!

It was powerful and many lives were changed. Today was indeed a priceless blessing.

Something else I thought about today is that twenty years ago on Good Friday our son Gabe was born. We had no idea what his life would be like with short arms and crooked legs.

That Good Friday was dark and scary for my family, just like the Good Friday two thousand years ago when Jesus hung on the cross.

But three days later the light of hope lit the broken hearts of all who loved Jesus.

In much the same way, Easter Sunday 1990 was the beginning of a life full of hope. We took Gabe home from the hospital that day and our lives have been touched by the hand of God ever since.

In the darkness of that day I could not see the future. But God has illuminated every step along the way.

Joy. Joy. Joy. The darkness of Good Friday will soon be over because Sunday is coming.

God Bless Your Heart,

Gigi

 
http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

 
The idea for this blog post came from the April 2 devotional in the God Calling book edited by A.J. Russell

No comments: