Saturday, April 24, 2010

Day 114 I Go Before


And I give them eternal life; and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. John 10:28

I am so thankful that God's got His hand on me. My life surrendered to Him has assured me of eternal life. He goes before me to prepare the way. Even though sometimes I can feel the enemy's pull, God will never let me go.

This life with Jesus does not mean there won't be any hard work or troubles. Even the disciples who walked with Him in the flesh had to work and they had their share of troubles.

I've learned this lesson over and again as my family walks through trials. We've had to exercise our spiritual muscles as we climb over some steep challenges on our way to the mountain top.

Several years ago thirteen people journeyed with us to Camp Muir, one of the base camps of Mt. Rainier. Once we hit the top, the view from the camp was spectacular. We could see for miles.

Check out this view! This is our friend Ashley.

We could have gotten the same view by taking a helicopter to the camp. But it was in the journey up the mountain with sweaty foreheads and aching muscles that the lessons of trust and perseverance were learned.

The guys took turns carrying our son Gabe either in a back pack or in a snow sled once we hit the glacier. Here is Steve carrying Gabe on the first leg of the journey.


When we got to the snow field, the climbers ahead of us left stairs in the snow making our travel much easier.


Keeping Gabe hydrated as we trekked up the snow field. The team work was amazing.

Step by step we encouraged each other to keep going. We didn't let anyone lag behind.

In the same way, we walk step by step through life in the freedom Christ offers on our way to eternity. There are struggles that stretch us and make us grow. Sometimes we need the encouragement of another team member. The fellowship with the body of Christ helps us through life. Together we reach for the top and celebrate when we get there.



We all made it to Camp Muir and celebrated our victory then we took a break before our descent.

My sister Kathy and I pose as we begin the journey home.

I've already seen the view from the mountain.  I can't wait to see what it looks like from heaven.

Today I pray that you will know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you will never perish because you have eternal life. Let God be your guide on this earthly journey leading toward eternal life. Step by Step He will show you the way because He's been there before.

God Bless Your Heart,

Gigi

http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

The idea for this blog post came from the April 24 devotional in "God Calling" edited by A.J. Russell. Each morning I read this devotional and then I journal the thoughts that come as a result of what a read. It has been an amazing season of enjoying God's perfect timing for whatever I'm facing. This weekend I'm playing catch up by typing the journal entries I wrote earlier in the week.

My husband Steve is recovering from knee surgery and doing very well. I'm thankful for the doctor who successfully repaired his torn meniscus. This week we were also working with our son Gabe to make some decisions regarding college. He is taking a break this quarter and trying to figure out what he wants to do.

The time I spend in the morning with the Lord gives me the peace I need to get through some difficult days. Today I'm giving myself some extra time to read and pray and type out the blog entries I wrote in my journal earlier. I love it when I get a chance for a longer quiet time!

No comments: