Monday, April 12, 2010

Day 102 Golden Opportunity


Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us. Ephesians 3:20

When I meditate on this Scripture I am reminded of the power of God to answer my prayers. He is waiting for me to ask and wants to give me an answer that exceeds my expectations.

So I choose to walk in His ways, ask for my needs and believe He will help me.

My need is God's golden opportunity to help me. My faith finds expression when I ask for what I need and give Him a chance to work. Then His power springs to action.

"Faith is the key that unlocks the storehouse of God's resources." (p113 God Calling)

Even a small amount of faith warms God's heart because my faith shows Him that I love and trust Him.

When our son Gabe was seven years old he made me a placemat for Mother's day. He cut out a paper doll woman wearing a triangle shaped dress and labeled it "Mom". He drew a stick figure of himself standing next to me.

On the side of the two figures he wrote. "I love my mom because she makes me a snack every day after school and then she reads good books to me, especially Commander Toad."

This imperfect work of art has held a prominent spot on my desk for thirteen years. The sweet love behind it stirred my heart. It made me want to give Gabe anything he asked for.

In the same way, God takes my imperfect faith and receives it with love. It stirs His heart and he takes my gift and crowns it with His perfection.

God is just waiting for me to ask so he can do exceeding abundantly above all that I ask!

God Bless Your Heart,

Gigi

http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

The idea for this blog post came from the April 12 devotional from the God Calling book edited by AJ Russell


Happy irthday today to my nephew Chris Murfitt!

1 comment:

"Create Beauty" said...

Good words. I am seeing this so true in my relationship with our little grandchildren. The 2 year old's favorite thing to say is, "No! I do it MYSELF!" when I try to help her. But how it warms my heart when I hear her say, "Help me grandma" in her sweet little voice. The fact that she wants me to help her and looks to me with trust and faith brings out a pouring of love from me. Yes, of course I will help you little one... thank you for asking.

Bless you Gigi,
Violet