Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day 105 Never Feel Inadequate


And he said to me, My grace is sufficient for me: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9

April 15. Tax day. I need strength.

STRESS! I'm posting my blogs a little late this week because I had to focus on some tax issues.

This devotional theme was good for me today because I was feeling inadequate and overwhelmed. But God's grace was enough to get me through.

The funny thing is that sometimes when I'm busy I don't spend as much quiet time in the morning. But it is in sitting before God that I hear Him speak to me and it gives me strength to complete the task at hand.

So here I am back in quiet meditation recovering from my own fretting. I've learned from God that it is important to remain calm. I can't carry out anything when I'm agitated.

I pray about everything then I focus on a few things until I get those accomplished. No need to stress about the rest. It will all work out.

I threw in my new Deluge CD on my trip to the post office to mail my tax return extension. I smiled the whole way as I belted out the new songs I've learned. Worship is a great stress reliever.

God sees, not as I see because he sees all things. So I think I'll leave it up to Him and stop stressing. I may be inadequate but He certainly is not.

Give him your stress today.

God Bless Your Heart,

Gigi

The idea for this blog came from the April 15 devotion in the "God Calling" book edited by AJ Russell.

Today I wish a Happy Birthday to Ken Beckwith. God bless you Ken!

No comments: