God has spoken once, Twice I have heard this: That power belongs to God. Psalm 62:11
Step by step. He will show me His will. Step by step I trust His direction.
There are many times in my life when the circumstances would normally leave me with no peace. But God has given me peace even when I was walking on shaky ground. Step by step God has given me peace, because I trust Him.
- I trusted Him as an elementary school girl when my daddy died. God is my Abba Father.
- I trusted Him when the insecurities of adolescence pounded in my broken heart. He is my true friend.
- I trusted Him when my first marriage failed miserably. I am His precious bride.
- I trusted Him when my son Zane had surgery. He is our Healer.
- I trusted Him when my son Gabe was born with severe birth defects. He is my Rock of refuge.
- I trusted Him when my mom became ill and I had to help manage her care. He is my Peace.
- I trusted Him during financial difficulties as we faced a $25,000 wheelchair bill. He is my Provider.
- I trusted Him while helping family members work through some difficult times. He is my Guide.
- I trusted Him when my job was stressful and I felt misunderstood. He is my Comforter.
- I trust Him now in the transitions of family, my marriage and my health. He is my Wise Council.
- I trust Him every day and I depend on His power.
Drop the crutch of your own efforts, trust God and walk in victory today. His power has no limit.
God Bless Your Heart,
The idea for this blog post came from the February 4th devotional entry in God Calling edited by A.J. Russell and published by Barbour Publishing.
PS. I want to shout out a blessing today to my niece Melissa Lathrope. Happy Birthday Missy! You are precious in His sight….and I love you lots too! It seems like it was only yesterday that you were born. I loved taking care of you and living with you for a season. So many people thought you were my daughter and I wish you were. You are a precious jewel in the crown of the Devine family! Hugs all around from your Janet Jackson rocking aunt!