Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day 41 The Life Line


From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. Psalm 61:2

So what is a Savior? I wonder how many people have no idea what I mean when I say that Jesus is my Savior. What does He save me from?

He saves me from eternal death. Instead He gives me eternal life with Him.

He saves me from dealing with my troubles alone. Instead He is with me always.

He saves me from making mistakes against His will. That is if I am willing to listen and obey.

He is my helper and guide. He saves me from taking the wrong turns.

When I was in college I was saved from drowning by my cousin Danny McMahon. The ocean's rip tide was tossing me around like a rag doll. Danny reached in and rescued me.

Jesus did the same thing. He rescued me from my the thrashing waves of my selfish choices and pointed me to His good plan for my life.

"The life line, the line of rescue, is the line from the soul to God, faith and power. It is a strong line, and no soul can be overwhelmed who is linked to God by it. Trust, trust, trust. Never be afraid." P 51 God Calling

I pray you've found the life line. Trust it. For it saves.

God Bless Your Heart
Gigi

http://www.gigimurfitt/

The idea for this blog post came from the February 10 entry in the book God Calling. It is edited by A.J. Russell and published by Barbour publishing.

If you want to learn more about my near drowning, it is one of the stories in my new book "Caregiver's Devotions to Go" published by Extreme Diva Media and available on my website or at http://www.edmbookstore.com/

Happy Birthday to my sweet friend Cheryl Perez!

No comments: