Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 40 The Divine Voice

Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth. Psalm 46:10

I can't believe I've been blogging from this book for forty days now.  It seems like only yesterday that I started this series of blog posts.

I'm on a writing retreat in Eastern Washington where I hope to rewrite some of the chapters of my current book project.  (The most exciting part of this retreat is I get to see my son Zane and his wife Kelsey.)  I love it!

As I pray about what to write and how to share the hope of Christ through some difficult seasons of my life, I'm stopping to listen to the Divine Voice and to be still before Him so I can hear.  Sometimes my life is too noisy and I need to take time away to be still before God.

I don't hear the audible voice of God.  It's just a knowing.  Sometimes my thoughts or ideas are confirmed by another person.  Sometimes I just know because I never would have thought of an idea or a way to tell the story.

This verse in Psalm 46:10 is one of the Scriptures I used in my Caregivers' Devotions to Go book.  I shared how this verse reminding me to be still and remember He is God came to me at a time I desperately needed to know that God was with me. 

It was when our son Gabe had surgery to attempt to fix his ear canals.  He was only six years old and it was very scary to watch him being wheeled off to surgery knowing they were about to drill into his skull.

But this verse had been given to me at a retreat a few weeks earlier and it helped me during this difficult time.  I learned to be still.  I let God take over.  Peace came over me and I walked through the surgery with a knowing that He was with us. 

Whatever you might be facing right now I pray you will be still and know.  He is God!

God Bless Your Heart,

Gigi

http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

The idea for this blog post was taken from the February 9th entry in God Calling by A.J. Russell published by Barbour Publishing.

No comments: