I am enjoying some time at my Aunt Nina's house.
She showed me a shawl that a friend knit for her. It covers the shoulders and has a string to close the sleeves at the wrist.
The poem that came with it is beautiful so I thought I'd blog about it today. J Wrap this around your heart.
Prayer Shawl For You
This shawl was created with the color: AQUA. In many cultures it symbolizes courage, balance, harmony, stability, soothing.
In celebration of the love, hopes, and dreams you bring – a gift.
As you wrap yourself in it, may it be a gentle reminder that…
- You are loved and cherished.
- You are gifted and giving.
- You share the riches of life experience
- You are knit together with the Creator, the one who is with you always and with all those whose lives touch yours.
- For fun
- For love
- For making up
- For making decisions
- For comfort
- For warmth
- For strengthening
- May the Spirit of mercy, faithfulness and compassion wrap you in all-encompassing love, day by day
- May you find comfort from all that appears too much to bear at this moment
- May you find comfort from all that feels as if it might be the breaking point
- May you find comfort from all that seems to threaten your peace of heart
- A shelter for grief
- A shade in sorrow
- A shield in loss
May you be strengthened …
- In your daily comings and goings
- In your beginnings
- In your unfolding memories
May love and blessings flow from your life to touch this world anew.
God Bless Your Heart