Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 47 Never Ruffled


You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You. Isaiah 26:3

I trust God. Even in the struggles of this life I have found God to be trustworthy. I've had things turn out different than I had hoped. But I've never stopped believing God is good and He wills good things in my life.

I have been kept in perfect peace even when my Mom was suffering from dementia and we struggled to help her want to live.

I have been kept in perfect peace even through the challenges of raising a son with multiple congenital birth defects.

I have been kept in perfect peace walking along side two of my sisters as they battled breast cancer.

I have been kept in perfect peace through financial struggles, work challenges, relationship issues and just plain life experiences.

Because I truly trust God. My mind focuses on the fact that He loves me. He sent His son to die for me. Why would I not trust Him? He is faithful.

My prayer for you today is that you trust Him.

If for some reason you are struggling with trusting God, please know that He loves You and desires the best for You.

I'd love to encourage you so please send me a comment on this blog or an email on my website.

May the God of peace keep your feathers from ruffling.

God Bless Your Heart,

Gigi

http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

The idea for this blog was taken from the devotion for February 16 in the God Calling book by A.J. Russell.

I'm posting two blogs tonight. We took time last night to pray for some dear friends and didn't get home until nearly midnight so I was unable to type my blog yesterday.

It was an amazing day however. Steve bought me a new (used) car! I've driven a van for the past 19 years and now I have a car!  (Mazda CX-7 GT - a sporty SUV!)  I am blessed.

Plus we had the most amazing Bible study at The City Church. Joann Ramos preached an encouraging message about not being a victim but overcoming and being used by God.  I pray you will listen to this message when it is uploaded to http://www.thecity.org/ I guarantee it will encourage you to overcome!

I love my "homies" – the people in my home fellowship group. The way they pray and lift each other up is truly what church is about.

I love my Bible study friends – an amazing group of women who come beside me and help me keep my peace.

I encourage you to find a Bible teaching church where you can keep your mind stayed on Christ so He will keep you in perfect peace.

No comments: