Saturday, February 6, 2010

Day 36 You Shall Know


If anyone wills to do His will, he shall know concerning the doctrine, whether it is from God or whether I speak on My own authority. John 7:17


My time in prayer, Bible study, fellowship with others at Church and simply being quiet and enjoying my God-given surroundings have developed a closeness to Him that is sometimes difficult to explain. There is a sense of "knowing" that everything is going to be alright even in the most difficult times.

The time I spend with God fills my cup to overflowing with the grace to carry on. I know that everything will work out for good—somehow. It might turn out completely different than I expected but I've learned to trust that God is good. I hang in there and ask for the next step. He guides me and reveals what is from Him and what is not.

For some the concept of a good God is difficult when they have lived through horrific circumstances or lost a loved one or even just watched the daily news. But what I've known as I've studied and learned more about the Bible and as I've listened to what God has to say is this –in this world we will have trouble but remember He overcame the world.

This is what else I know. There is an enemy who wants to kill, steal and destroy our lives. The Bible calls him the father of all lies. When you hang close to God you can discern the lies from the truth.

I've learned so much from the many different teachers in my life. I agree with this statement written in the "God Calling" devotional today:
Life is a school. There are many teachers. Not to everyone do I come personally. Believe literally that the problems and difficulties of your lives can be explained by Me (God) more clearly and effectually than by any other.
Be careful who you listen to….that you shall know the truth.

Hugs all around – I have a busy weekend ahead. Wrestling match – GO JOE, Birthday party – Bless you ElaJean, and the Super Bowl. Go Saints! (And of course time at church with my favorite people!)

God Bless Your Heart
Gigi

http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

The idea for this blog post was taken from the book "God Calling" edited by A.J. Russell and published by Barbour Publishing. I highly recommend it. There are wonderful messages on every page. I usually pick one to discuss in my blog.
If there is anything I've learned in my walk with God it is this—I hear His voice more clearly when I spend more time with him.

No comments: