Sunday, February 14, 2010

Day 45 In My Presence


Blessed is the man that hears me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors. Proverbs 8:34

For many years my days were not spent in God's presence. I may have offered up a quick prayer but I did not take time to read the Bible and sit quietly in meditation listening for God's wisdom and direction.

There was a definite turning point in the level of my peace and joy when I started setting aside time in the morning to be in God's presence.

This devotional time renews my strength and gives me courage to face the day.

I started my daily study with the Breaking Free Bible study written by Beth Moore. (http://www.bethmoore.org/) I was not involved with a Bible study group at the time. I went through the daily lessons on my own.

I took my time through the lessons and used my Life Application Bible to help me understand some of the verses. After finishing each week's lessons I listened to the audio tape and took copious notes.

It was an incredibly sweet time in my life. God truly met me in the corner of my living room. My journal is full of rich lessons learned.

Since then I've joined other women in small groups as we share how God speaks to us as we study. Discussing the lessons adds another dimension to my learning.

I hope you find the time to be in God's presence. Oh the Joy!

This is what God came to earth for – to lead each of us back to a personal relationship with Christ. Being in His presence fills that God shaped hole we each have in our hearts. It is amazing!

Oh the Joy! Oh the Peace!

God Bless Your Heart on this Day of Love – I pray you feel God's Love. Happy Valentine's Day. He loves you more than you know!

Gigi

http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

The idea for this blog post was taken from the book God Calling for February 14th.

No comments: