Friday, February 19, 2010

Day 49 Let Me Do It


Mary…sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word…Mary has chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her. Luke 10:39, 42

I want to be more like Mary. Spending time at Jesus feet sets the tone for my day.

I've been busy this week and didn't spend as much quiet time as I'd like. I don't stress about it but I definitely notice it in my spirit. There is just something about starting my day at His feet.

When I spend time with God I gain confidence in the fact that His power is available to me. I know He is capable of doing what I need. I trust Him. After all He created the sunset didn't He?

God wants us to trust Him like a child trusts His parents.

I remember watching our son Zane jumping with reckless abandon into Steve's arms, assured that he would be caught.

God wants us to trust Him with the same child like abandon.

Will you trust Him and let Him do whatever you need today?

God Bless Your Heart,
Gigi

The idea for this blog post was taken from the book God Calling edited by AJ Russell.

No comments: