Saturday, February 20, 2010

Day 51 Claim Your Rights


If we ask any thing according to His will, He hears us: And if we know that He hears us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desire of Him. 1 John 5:14, 15

Ask. What are you asking for? Do you not ask because you do not believe God hears?

Oh He hears. He longs to hear your petitions asked in faith. But he'd rather we NOT beg. He wants us to come before him with an assurance that He knows what we need and He will give it to us.

Oh Lord, right now I'm asking on behalf of my friends Murray and Karen. They are Canadian citizens living in the USA on a work visa. They have three beautiful American born children. They love the Lord. They are really awesome people.

They have been an incredible blessing in our lives. Karen has used her counseling training and experience to help me walk through life's challenges with mercy and grace and an assurance that God has a good plan for my life.

I've watched her help our son Gabe when he was struggling with feeling abandoned by his friends.

She is ready to pray at any time with Zane and Kelsey as they begin their new life together as husband and wife.

She has counseled numerous relatives through difficult seasons in their life. I am truly blessed that God miraculously dropped Karen into my life. I don't want to see her leave America.

But Murray's job was recently outsourced. So they have decisions to make. The rules of their current visa require Murray to only find work as a Systems analyst. If they can't do that they have to leave the country in the next month.

It makes me want to beg of God. But I trust He sees the bigger picture. He knows the grand plan.

He works all things together for good to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. (Romans 8:28) He simply wants me to ask in faith.

Yesterday on our way to the Tacoma Dome we were stuck in traffic. We stopped for a period of time not knowing the cause of the delay. I was afraid we'd be late and miss the time that our nephew Joe would wrestle. I could only see the few cars in front of me. I was beginning to panic because I wasn't sure what was up ahead.

Life is like that sometimes. Our current circumstances are all we see. But God sees the bigger picture.

It's like He is in the traffic helicopter. He understands the challenges ahead. He has the ability to speak to us and tell us to take the next exit to avoid the traffic jam. Or He can radio down (in our prayer communication) and tell us to hang in there because the traffic is about to clear up so we can be on our way.

So in this situation for my sweet friends, I'm going to keep the communication with the Lord strong and clear. I'm not going to panic and let the noise of the situation prevent me from hearing His radio signal.

I'm praying with the assurance that He'll take care of business.

I'm asking Him to help hurry up their permanent green card which has been waiting approval for three years. Lord, find it on someone's desk or in their computer files and bring it to the front of the line so they can stay and raise their children in this country where they have felt called by You to live.

Will you pray with me for my friends today?

I'm asking God also to bless you for whatever you need. He desires that we ask. Let me know so I can pray on your behalf.

There are many Bible verses related to asking God for our needs. It is found in Phillipians 4:6-8

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.


I pray for you today – that whatever you ask in Jesus will and by His name will be given to you.  Then peace that passes all understanding will come your way.  This is your right in Christ Jesus - peace.  Claim it today!

God Bless Your Heart,

Gigi

http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

The idea for this blog post came from a really great devotional book titled "God Calling" where in 1932 two women sat quietly before God each day and wrote down what they sensed in their spirit as they prayed and heard from God. A.J. Russell edited their work and it was published as a devotional by Barbour Publishing. It is a great start to my quiet time each day. I use it for the theme of my prayer time and then write down what I sense in my spirit after reading it and applying it to my current situation. It has been most enjoyable since I started on January 1, 2010.

No comments: