Saturday, February 6, 2010

Day 37 God’s Longing


I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His Word do I hope. Psalm 130:5
There is a longing of the Eternal heart of God to spend time with you. He doesn't want you to come to him only when you need something. Sometimes we treat God like a vending machine where we give only to get something back. I don't believe that's the way it works.

Think about those who followed Jesus. Some followed Him so they could be healed. Others wanted to learn from Him.

Oh how He loved those who spent time at His feet. Not to receive a healing or a revelation. They were there just to hang out with Jesus.

I hope you will take the time to sit before Him. Just hang out for awhile.

I know the longing I have in my heart to be loved was taught to me by the very One who formed my heart in his hand. Just as I long to spend time with my loved ones, He longs to spend time with me.

I want to be loved for who I am, not for what I can give to those who love me.

God's longing for your love is the same thing.

Why don't you go spend some time with God today? I can see Him smiling as He sits waiting patiently for you.

To the listening ear He speaks. To the waiting heart He comes.

God Bless Your Heart,

Gigi
http://www.gigimurfitt.com/
The idea for this blog post was taken from the book "God Calling" edited by A.J. Russell and published by Barbour Publishing.

No comments: