Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 48 Psychic Powers


For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. Matthew 18:20

This verse could not be more appropriate after the night we had with our home group last night. We prayed for some friends who were desperately seeking God's will in their life. We gathered around them and encouraged them in the Lord and asked God to speak to them.

In the midst of our home group, God was there. His Holy Spirit was our guide as we prayed.

This devotional is titled "psychic powers" because so many people seek and believe what psychics have to say. I find it interesting that this devotional was written in 1932.  Even back that far people were seeking spiritual things. 

We have a deep need for spiritual things because God put it there. 

But sometimes we receive it from false teachers.

Please be careful. Psychic powers are not necessarily God's Spiritual powers. We must not try to seek spiritual things through material means.  Some of these people are not seeking God at all.

Communion with the Lord is the way to hear from Him. Meeting with the Lord in Communion is soul-food. Yummy soul-food.

We will never have a perfect church. But in the church we can find the means of coming very close to God.

I don't mean the church building. I mean the Body of Christ. Jesus is the Bread of Life that we find in the church.

I love how A. J. Russell explains this concept: "The lesson of the grain is the lesson of My Church and Me.

The real life is all that matters, the outward Church is the husk; but the husk was necessary to present the life-grain to man." (P 58 God Calling)

This is a timely Word today. Thanks God.

Gigi
http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

The idea for this blog post was taken from the God Calling book by A.J. Russell.

Today is the first day of Lent. I grew up giving up Reese's Peanut Butter Cups as my Lenten sacrifice.

Now I'm giving up time – by taking a moment each day to write a Lenten Love Letter to someone who needs encouragement. For the next 40 days I will share a note of blessing with someone God puts on my mind. I hope to bless you on one of the days.  :)

No comments: