Sunday, January 10, 2010

Day 10 Influence

"I have come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10


Abundant life. Plentiful. Copious. Rich. Isn't it what we all want? How many different ways do we try to achieve abundant life on our own? Jesus came for the very reason to give it to us – as a free gift. Free to those who will open it. Free to those who believe. There is nothing I want more than to know that my loved ones live abundant lives because Christ has come into their world and influenced them.


God came to me. When I gave my life to Him he gave me eternal life. This life altered my whole existence. Even the words I speak and the influences I have were affected when God came near. Everything has an eternal impact as it springs from Christ in me. I need to be careful what I do and what I say because it could change a life forever. Every person I meet can be influenced for eternity.


Wow, that's a weighty thought isn't it? But it's true. The Gospel of Grace is available to all. And how we love one another brings Grace on the scene. I want to live a life of influence every single day of my life. So I think I'll continue to walk in grace. How about you?


As we begin a new week I pray grace and peace over your life. I pray you will ask the Lord to use you powerfully to influence one person tomorrow. I'd love it if you would share with a comment on my blog that one person God put in your path.


Have a blessed week. God bless your heart!

Gigi

www.GigiMurfitt.com

PS – Sending a shout out to my friend Julie Anderson. We celebrated at her 50th birthday party tonight with an award ceremony. (Her actually birthday was in December but that gets all mixed up with Christmas so her kids held her party tonight. Good thinking!) All of her friends and family spoke highly of her ability to make people laugh and to be a loyal friend. Happy Birthday Julie – I celebrate you.

(The idea for this blog was taken from the book "God Calling" by A.J. Russell published by Barbour Publishing)

No comments: