Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day 21 A Crowded Day


"Be content with such things as you have: for he has said, I will never leave you, nor forsake you." Hebrews 13:5

Lord, I am grateful for everything You have given to me. Thank you for the reminder that You will never leave me nor forsake me. You are with me even on a crowded day like today – busy with work, a dentist appointment, a walk in the park with my dog, time to write and an evening of catching up with chores at home.

Thank You Lord for the sunshine in the middle of the day as I walked along the trail with worship music in my headphones. It was a beautiful spring like day that brought me joy. Thank you for the phone call with an excited "I love the book" comment from my brother-in-law Denny.

My day was also filled with prayer requests. One friend asked for prayer because her mother-in-law was diagnosed with leukemia. I learned of a childhood friend's battle with cancer. Another friend fell down the stairs and hurt her jaw today. Problems at his work prompted a plea to God asking "why" for another friend going through a very hard time. News that I may need two crowns on cracked teeth gave reason to pray for provision to pay for the treatment.

It was definitely a crowded day. But I am resting in Him. I'm asking Him to comfort my friends with His Everlasting arms that hold us up and give us rest – even on a crowded prayer request filled day. I'm thankful that He is with me and that His Word has power.

Please send me your prayer requests so I can join with you in prayer.

God Bless Your Heart,

Gigi Murfitt
http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

The idea for this blog post was taken from the January 21 Devotional in the "God Calling" book edited by A. J. Russell and published by Barbour Publishing.

No comments: