Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 19 Love Anticipates


"Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us." Ephesians 3:20

There are several awesome truths in today's devotional. I hope you get a chance to read it in the "God Calling" book.

I love the truth that God sought after me. He saw what my heart needed before I even cried out to Him. He knew the answer before I realized I had a problem.

God anticipates. He loves us so much. He's not some mean God waiting for us to cry out to Him before He gives us our treasures. Instead he has prepared treasures for us long before we even asked. With joy He anticipates our response to His love.

It's like the beautiful handkerchief I set aside for my sons that was given to me when they were babies. It was stitched together to form a tiny bonnet for them to wear home from the hospital. The hanky had a poem with it about how boys grow up and find a wife. I saved it as a reminder to pray for their future wife. It was then intended to be given to their bride. My daughter-in-laws can then save it in anticipation of giving it to their future children.

There is much thought when I go shopping for a gift for my husband and children. I wonder if they'll love the gift. I can't wait to give it to them. My heart is filled with love as I imagine the joy on their face when they open it.

The love I have for my family is the same kind of love God has for you. He is overjoyed at the very thought of you. It is anticipatory love. I hope you receive it.

God Bless Your Heart,

Gigi Murfitt


http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

The idea for this blog post was taken from the January 19 Devotional in the "God Calling" book compiled by A. J. Russell and published by Barbour Publishing.

No comments: