Friday, January 22, 2010

Day 22 Gray Days


Fear not; for I am with you: be not dismayed; for I am God: I will strengthen you; yes, I will help you; yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness. – Isaiah 41:10

God is with me – even on the gray days. Living in Seattle those gray days are more numerous than when I lived under the big blue Montana sky or in the Southern sun of Dallas, TX. But whether I'm in a spring-like sunny day or a gray and cloudy one, God is with me.

He is my God. He gives me strength. He helps me and He upholds me with His right hand.

I have other gray "mood" days sometimes too. When I desperately miss someone I love and wish I could spend more time with them. On days when life can just be frustrating. If I focus on the pain I see in the lives of some of my family and friends or open up the newspaper and read about what is going on in the world it can make for a gray day. But whether gray or blue – I thank my God for every day.

One thing that brightens a gray day is when I take time to listen to good worship music. This morning I put my I-Pod on a favorite worship singer -Jonathan Stockstill. The music and the words brighten my day no matter what might be going on in my life.

I hope you can view this YouTube video of Jonathan's Deluge band singing "Worshiping You".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L7WgrJNiAw It is truly music to my soul.

When I can choose to be thankful even on the grayest of days, it is training for doing great things for God. No one ever said it would always be sunshiny days. But the most dull and dreary day can still be full of praise.

The day Jesus went to the cross was definitely a dark day. But I'm thankful for Sunday, when the light of His resurrection shined bright. That's why I worship Him on the gray days and the blue days.

God Bless Your Heart,

Gigi Murfitt
http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

The idea for this blog post was taken from the January 22 Devotional in the "God Calling" book edited by A. J. Russell and published by Barbour Publishing.

No comments: