Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 13 Friends Unseen

"Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you." 1 Peter 5:7

My heart is heavy today as I pray for the people of Haiti after the devastating earthquake rocked their world. But I am touched that today's devotional reminded me to cast my care upon God.  He does care.

My son Zane's former youth pastor Steve Cecil and the team of people from Beautiful Child ministry left Haiti just hours before the quake on Tuesday.  I am grateful they arrived home safely.

But one of their team members, Chris Sahlman, is still there.  He stayed to help at the orphanage they support.  The orphans are living in a field because their home was destroyed.  But thankfully the kids are okay.  Chris is there being God's hands and feet to continue helping where he can.  I pray for ministering angels - those friends unseen sent by God to help in this time of need.

Please take the time to give where you can in the relief efforts.  Check out this news story for more information: http://www.fox47.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/vid_800.shtml or go to the church's website at http://www.thejourneycommunity.com/ to learn how you can help be that ministering angel and give in whatever way you can.

My friend Karen Kingsbury (http://www.karenkingsbury.com/) asked for prayer today for her adopted son Josh's birth mom who lives in Haiti.  They have not heard from her today.  Please pray that she is okay.  Please also lift up a prayer for Josh as this young teen processes this news of the earthquake.  Karen lists several relief agency websites on her website too.

Things like this are difficult to understand but we must not despair.  We should be a channel of helpfulness in whatever way possible.  Pray. Give. Hope. 

I pray that I will be sharing miracle stories on my blog - even in the midst of the tragedy.  We do not understand.  But we know the One who does.

God Bless Your Heart
Gigi Murfitt
http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

(This year I am blogging through a great devotional book titled "God Calling" by A.J. Russell, published by Barbour Publishing.  I encourage you to pick up a copy and work through each day's message on your own.)

No comments: