Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 14 Mighty and Marvelous

"I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily." 1 Corinthians 15:13

When I have chosen to walk with God there is a profound sense of security.  The Holy Spirit comes into my life and the result of his work is mighty and marvelous. 

But too often I've chosen to go my own selfish ways.  My thoughts, words and actions are all selfish.  I ignore the prompting of the Holy Spirit to lead and guide my day.  It can be a real struggle.  There is no peace or joy.  I've been down some pretty painful detours.  Been There.  Done that.  And now I'm writing a book about it!

When I choose to die to my own selfish ways on a daily basis, everything just seems to work out.  I move out of the way and God moves in.  He gives me the grace for the day and just enough light for the path I'm on.  Even in the midst of the struggles I have joy.  Even when I don't understand it all I have peace.

Sometimes all the things in this world are hard to understand.  It's a very weird place.  But daily God can give us the power to be victorious in this time and place.  When I walk with Him and listen for His voice and obey His commands, I get to see how glorious his teachings are.  They are unbelievably mighty and marvelous. 

Dying to yourself is worth it because "every blow to self is used to shape the real, eternal, imperishable you." (P24) We are being shaped for eternity.  Some days I just can't wait for heaven.  But I've got work to do here on earth.



Have a wonderful self-less day. 

God Bless Your Heart
Gigi Murfitt

http://www.gigimurfitt.com/

The idea for this blog post came from page 24 of "God Calling" by A. J. Russell published by Barbour Publishing.

Happy Birthday to my niece Chelsea Beckwith who turns the big 2-0 today.  No longer a teen Chelsea.  We love you.  God's Blessing sent your way!

No comments: